South Klondike Hwy

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by lahad1, Apr 21, 2024.

1. lahad1

lahad1
    Expand Collapse

Good morning, this is my first post on this forum. Hoping to learn a lot. I am in the very beginning stages of planning our Great Alaska vacation for the summer of 25. I just received my Milepost. We really want to stay in Skagway, but the 11.5 miles of 11% grade really has me nervous. I know folks have done it. Do you suggest taking the towed off and driving it separately? I would really love to hear from folks that have make this trip.
    We are a 32 ft Class C dolly towing our small SUV
    Thanks so much in advance.
    L

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I don't have the knowledge to answer your question, but welcome to the forum. Maybe one of our other members will be able to help you.

Paythebill likes this.
  3. ctravelgal01

ctravelgal01
    Expand Collapse

In 2017 my husband and I towed a 26 foot travel trailer towed by a Sequoia to Alaska. We stayed at an RV park in Carcross and drove the Sequoia into Skagway. After driving into Skagway I am glad we did not tow because the grade is rough. Have a great Alaska Adventure!

4. lahad1

lahad1
    Expand Collapse

ctravelgal, thanks so much for the post. Doesn't sound like a good road towing anything. At this point I think we've decided to leave the RV in Carcross and just take the car. I was just hoping to stay overnight and spend more time there.
    Thanks

Paythebill likes this.